Keep Cobb Beautiful to host household hazardous waste collection event
On Saturday, August 7, Keep Cobb Beautiful will host a household hazardous waste disposal event from 9 a.m.-noon at Jim Miller Park.
Hazardous waste such as mercury, aerosols, batteries, household cleaners, flammables, photo chemicals, lawn care products, fluorescent light bulbs, paint and paint-related products and swimming pool chemicals will be accepted.
Items that will not be accepted include ammunition, pharmaceuticals, agricultural waste, radioactive materials, biohazardous waste and biomedical waste.
To participate, you must register now for the annual waste disposal event at: https://bit.ly/3hWfl3O
Other helpful info:
• Recommended arrival time will be assigned during online registration.
• We strive to keep this event FREE to the public, so we will ENFORCE the limit of 10 gallons of paint per vehicle. KCB staff has the right to reject items in excess of this amount.
• Do not add anything to the paint (i.e., kitty litter, sand).
• Paint can be combined in a single can to save space (i.e., you have two half cans of latex paint in different colors – this can be poured into one can to make one gallon).
• No commercial vehicles or waste from businesses will be accepted.
For a complete list of accepted items, visit keepcobbbeautiful.org. For more information, call KCB at 770-528-1135