Virtual Money Smart Week 2021
Cobb County Public Library will join libraries around country April 10-17 to participate in Virtual Money Smart Week 2021, free online events that will cover preparing a personal spending plan; how to talk with your children or aging parents about money; evaluating financial aid packages; choosing the proper Medicare plan; the basics of wills and trusts, among other things. The daily virtual events will focus on increasing financial capacity within the community. Money Smart Week is a public awareness campaign designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances.
Content will be provided by government, nonprofit and educational institutions through a combination of 10- to 15-minute presentations, checklists, toolkits and other pertinent resources.
Money Smart Week programming will focus on supporting the needs of low to moderate income households to those most affected by COVID-19. All are encouraged to participate.
- April 10, 11 a.m.: Talking Cents, UChicago Financial Education Initiative
- April 11, 11 a.m.: Savings – A Little Can Make a Big Difference, FINRA Investor Education Foundation
- April 12, 1 p.m.: Bank On It – Finding Safe + Affordable Bank Accounts, Economic Awareness Council
- April 13, 1:30 p.m.: Understanding the Basics of Federal Student Loans, U.S. Department of Education, Federal Student Aid
- April 14, 2 p.m.: Tax-Related Fraud + Identity Theft, Internal Revenue Service
- April 15, 2 p.m.: Managing Personal Finances During COVID-19, Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center
- April 16, 1 p.m.: Housing Protections + Resources, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- April 17, 11:30 a.m.: Tips for Managing Money Ups and Downs, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Division of Extension
You may register here for any of the sessions above: